top of page
  • Writer's picturePeter Hunt

Experience Counts

When you think of hiring a pilot to shoot aerial video or still images, there are a couple of things I encourage you to make sure of:

1) Your pilot should have an FAA issued license authorizing them to operate a drone for commercial purposes (as opposed to hobby purposes). Called a "Part 107 License", this document proves that the pilot has satisfactorily completed an airman knowledge test and is authorized by the FAA to operate a drone for commercial purposes.

2) Just as with a driver's license, simply holding a Part 107 license does not guarantee that the pilot has sufficient experience to be safe. Have the pilot produce some kind of documentation that proves their level of experience. Click on the badge below to see an example.

16 views0 comments


bottom of page